Center for the Study Of Global Christianity | Global Christianity: Trends, Shifts & Lessons
Graham Hill & the team at The Center for the Study of Global Christianity (at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) discuss trends and shifts in global Christianity (and what the churches of the Global South can teach Western Christianity).
The Center for the Study of Global Christianity is an academic research center that monitors worldwide demographic trends in Christianity, including outreach and mission. It provides a comprehensive collection of information on the past, present, and future of Christianity in every country of the world. Their data and publications help churches, mission agencies, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to be more strategic, thoughtful, and sensitive to local contexts.
More specifically, the Center:
1. Publishes global, regional, and country-level information on Christian denominations and traditions through noted reference works such as the World Christian Database, World Christian Encyclopedia, and Atlas of Global Christianity.
2. Educates the public on global Christianity by serving as a resource to both secular and religious media outlets, including The New York Times, The Economist, National Geographic, and Christianity Today.
3. Helps churches, mission agencies, and non-profits maximize their effectiveness by measuring Christian outreach and evangelization efforts (such as Bible translation, media, and missionary presence) among the world’s peoples and languages.
Abridged Video (scroll down for entire video & study guides)
Want to see the podcast as well?
Downloadable PDF Discussion Guides
Here are two downloadable PDFs. One is for small group settings. The other is for classroom settings. Use alongside the video. These resources are designed to help your small group and classroom discussions.
Don't forget to buy Graham Joseph Hill's books:
- Healing Our Broken Humanity
- Global Church
- Salt, Light, and a City (second edition)
CONNECT WITH US
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL NETWORKS